I am on the last couple of days of my first International trip to Costa Rica. I am wondering what my life will look like when I get home. I am not the woman that got on the plane in Boston and I am so glad about that.

Life gives us all kinds of opportunities. Personal growth is most often thought to happen when we come through tragedy or painful life experiences. That is the rational we share to explain why life can be challenging and difficult.

That is not the whole story. The part of the story that we overlook is that pleasure and joy also brings change. We grow when we make new friends. We learn inclusion and understanding. We are asked to make space in our lives and challenge our belief systems to allow healthy space for these new gifts. Our comfort zone is shattered when we have a new lover. We have to look at ourselves and really be honest about our vulnerabilities.

Standing on the beach I could feel the power of the Pacific Ocean and appreciate the bigness beyond me. I could feeling the warmth of the sun on my face and shoulders and I felt pure joy. In that moment, as I inhaled prana, I knew I was a changed woman. The vastness that I was witnessing blossomed within me, expanding and growing. I know the feeling of the Divine and I know I felt it there on that beach.

I want to serve others with that power and that love. I want to see the sun shine on my friends face and in their hearts. I want to be a witness to the joy of life. I want to be what I want to receive

You do not need to go to a foreign country to find this soul changing joy. Go to the park, go to dinner and listen to what is going on around you. Look into the eyes of a child as they tell the most amazing story because it will be the only time they will tell it. (Maybe you DO need to go to a foreign country...) Tend to your heart because it will always know what you need.

Shanti


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let me be love, light, and guidance in the darkness.

Yoga SAVED my life...